Wednesday 14 October 2009

Films: Juno (Empire Top 500 # 463)




















Juno
Director: Jason Reitman
Released: 2007
Popcorns: 4.5/5

Faced with an unplanned pregnancy, an offbeat young woman makes an unusual decision regarding her unborn child.

This was the first film we sat down to watch from the top 500 list (doing this a bit out of order, but was just testing out the site with 12 Angry Men and it deserved a review).

Juno has a great, untaxing, storyline to it, with a good script to back it up.  This is the second time I'd seen this film and I think I enjoyed it more than the first, as I seemed to pick up a few more parts of the story that I missed first time round.

The acting in it is supurb.  Ellen Page and Michael Cera really work well together and seem to be at ease acting with each other.  The scene that properly chokes me up (yeah, I cried, what of it?) is the end scene where they're both playing the Moldy Peaches song Anyone Else But You. 



It's not the best rendition, but it's a very fitting end to a fine film.

No comments:

Post a Comment